Jan 28, 2012

Tweet It


Twitter twat tweets and facecrack pipin'.... It's all crazy, but amusing to me. It's people watching at its best!  But the madness of it all  motivated me to re-write the lyrics of  Michael Jackson's Song "Beat It". After his death, I listened to a lot of his stuff over and over, but one day while listening  I found myself saying "tweet it" instead of beat it.

I sat down to write, and here is what I came up with. I hope it's not illegal, but I had a helluva great time writing it!!!

Sing it to the beat of "Beat It".  That's the song up there in case you can't remember:

TWEET IT

Everybody’s gettin’ into the twitter cheer
Don’t wanna see your face, don’t have to be sincere
Got such a small space so your words are really clear
You tweet it, just tweet it

You type a ton even when you’re on the can
You just don’t seem to get, you ain’t no anchorman
Don’t have to tell all but you do it again
You tweet it, cause you wanna update

CHORUS

Just tweet it, tweet it, tweet it, tweet it
Everyone is so conceited
Sharin’ every boring thing in your life
It doesn’t matter if anyone cares
Just tweet it, tweet it
Just tweet it, tweet it
Just tweet it, tweet it
Just tweet it, tweet it

You’re out to friend, trying to get all you can
Doin’ everything to show that you’re really not bland
Don’t wanna be a dive, better do all you can
So tweet it, just tweet it

You have to show them that you really do care
You’re lyin’ through your teeth, but you better beware
They’ll pick you then delete you
Cause you’re puttin’ on airs
You tweet it, cause you wanna update

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Happiness is the longing for repetition”
Repeat Chorus until you’re happily insane….

From “Beat It” by Michael Jackson