Jan 10, 2012

old thoughts...

This was written when I was about 25 or so.  It's a rough draft that needs some tweaking and finishing, but here it is, the skeleton of my thoughts from 17 years ago.  It doesn't have a title yet, so I'm just going to call it "Redwoods" for now.  Interesting how things present themselves to you sometimes.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Redwoods

You come to me, in a fantasy
under a magnificent clear sky.
I find you, tall and mysterious
leaning against the splendid redwood,
enchanted by the sounds of
the entrancing universe.
Without a word, we feel the rhythm
of our souls connecting as one.
I pull you in tightly, my breast melting against yours
as our lips meet for the first time.
My body succumbs to you,
your desire is my will.
Looking up toward the sky,
never has it been so blue or the earth
beneath our backs so green.
Never again will I need to dream
of spending my life under a magnificent sky,
because within you
every dream is imaginable.