Apr 29, 2012

with a squeeze of a hand and in a blink of an eye

I have found kinship with a new friend, slightly different journey but the same path, none the less.  I admire her courage and passion.  Yesterday, I visited that.... and felt every bit of it and felt grateful to be invited to be a part of it.  Surprises are most peculiar and spectacular all in one.
After leaving "The Banquet",  I visited the new Whole Foods store.  Rather enjoyable!  I became transfixed in the chocolate section. (deep, dark chocolate is my first love) So, I'm drooling over the chocolates, and a woman suddenly appears asking me about my tattoo.  After I explain the story of it, she shows me hers, (on her back) and tells me the story of hers and what she plans to add to it.  "Um, lets see, I think she said her grandma, her mama, and her best friend have inspired a cherry tree tat". Hmmmm, "cool?"
I then ask her where she got hers done, and she replies with, "In New York. I used to live there but I took a few years off of school and just started back at Guilford College."    She then went with,   "I notice you're wearing a Guilford College Sweat shirt, did you or do you go there?" 
I explained that I took 20 years off of school and just got accepted to Guilford a few days ago.  She then high fived me and asked what program I would be studying.  When I told her, Peace And Conflict, she smiled and asked me my name.  She told me hers, and then said, "I hope to see you around campus in the fall."
Was this a flirt?  Or just someone being nice?  I so wish I knew....  How can you tell when someone is coming on to you????   Well, no matter.... it was a pleasant experience, and maybe I will run into her in the fall?

Today, I will be meeting family I haven't seen in 25 years and their children and grand kids.  There's often a reason that we leave certain situations, old loves or life circumstances.... but, sometimes we weren't ready for them when they presented themselves to us.  I have a much stronger sense of myself now. Perhaps reconnecting with some people I was once close to will be a very good thing?  I gotta tell ya though, I'm nervous as hell!!!!

These last days have impacted me and inspired some new thoughts and feelings.... and, new words.  I am grateful.   --- Come Monday, I will write it out.