Apr 4, 2012

5 weeks into a new beginning...

Since being screwed over by a gov't agency 5 weeks ago today, that chose to look after their best interests instead of fighting for a loyal and very good employee... the movie A Few Good Men takes on a new meaning.  It will never cease to amaze me how low people will go to save their own asses.  Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this???

I filled my day with a fair amount of reading.  And, I actually finished a few pages in my novel/novella (not sure which yet).  Over the last weeks, accomplishing any writing feels like moving mountains with my brain.  It actually hurts.  I wish I could find a cure (or even cause) for this.

I also spent way too much time trying to get my son to see this free education he's getting as a valuable use of time.  His grades kind of suck, but he doesn't see anything wrong with what he's doing.  Why must we all insist on learning from our own mistakes instead of learning from someone elses mistakes????  We humans are going to have to get a lot smarter if we expect to survive.

PS   Do I look as stupid as my son thinks I am???????????????  surely not.

As Rosie would say, On we grow...