May 7, 2012

reflection

I tried to write when I got home from registering from classes. Right when I walked in the door, I was able to talk to a friend who helped me to feel better. (less scared)  I read poetry and did a journal entry.  My emotions are deep and plentiful.  Sometimes, when I'm feeling too much it's hard to focus.  Maybe tomorrow I can sift through it all and find the words for something.

I'm  kinda perturbed at my College. They "save" most of the classes that I need for the incoming teen freshman.  So, what I needed to take to satisfy my freshman classes were not available. My fault for not doing this 24 years ago I s'pose.  I ended up with 2 writing intensive classes, (Philosophy and Gender, and Intro to Peace and Conflict) and a class that's supposed to spur a lot of class interaction and discussion (Theory in Criminal Justice).  That outta really get me out of my comfort zone!  I'm sticking with just 12 credit hours to get me started back again.  I'm excited, and I'm scared shitless!  I'm not sure if I'm up to this or not.  Time will tell.

Today is my mother's birthday.  It's days like today that I'm sad we can't be in each others lives.  I would, but I just can't stand anymore crazy manipulation from a mother who needs me to be her mother.  Just can't do it.  But, Mom... no matter what happened, I love you and am thankful you brought me into the world. (sniff sniff)  happy birthday mom.