May 4, 2012

Destiny takes a hand

The last nine weeks have been a whirlwind. After losing my job of 20 years, I have experienced a rainbow of emotions. Of course, shock! Disappointment came next when the truth reared its ugly head, to utter and complete heart break. With all the tears that were shed, I should have lost twenty pounds or more!

After a couple of weeks spent fighting for my job with people who obviously didn't give a shit, (cold hearted cowards)... It hit me! I was no longer in love with my job, (the kids, always) but the job I gave my life to could go to hell!

The tears stopped and my mind started thinking of a new life. Employment opportunities are scarce, I found out. For three days I prayed for an answer. I didn't leave the house, I hardly ate a thing, I slept A LOT... I wasn't depressed, I was in full blown meditation! On the third day on my third sip of coffee, maybe the forth or fifth sip... But, who cares?-- I felt the weirdest force, almost pressing against me and a voice that said, "pull your retirement money and go back to school to finish what you started"!
I sat with that a moment, and my heart lit up!!! Nothing had ever felt so right in all my life!

The rest is kind of a blur. I know I didn't cry again until I discovered the peace and conflict program. I was blown away at the sheer thought I could major in my passion! After that, I felt I was no longer at the reins of my own life. Which of course was okay with me, it's not like I was doing that great of a job at it! This force outside of myself has been guiding and leading me through the entire process of returning to school.
If this is the plan for my life, I just have to trust the money and the details will come together!

I register for classes on Monday! I will be a 42 year old college sophomore... And it couldn't be more perfect!

(maybe someday, I will owe a debt of gratitude to the two imbeciles who let me go.... And I'm happy to say that my desire to punch them in the face is lessening.)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone