Jun 27, 2012

Mama-licious

To me, she is the riches
     even on such days she's
up to her elbows in dishes
    with a babe whining on her dress
cause she had the nerve to say,
    "Go clean up that mess!"
Covered in a vile muck
     from head to toe and all in between
from a day that frankly, just sucks!

Every night, she skips from the dark
      room of her little darlings
exhausted from a day of play in the park.

A moment to breathe, she sighs
     at the thoughts of what her life
has become.  She softly cries
     at the lonliness deep inside, a void
filled by only a dream yet imagined,
     a thought that she must avoid
for now. It is in this hour she hides
     in the shadows, in hopes no one will
see. It is in this hour I want to pull her aside

wrap her up in my arms for all of eternity
     because I must confess it is in this moment
She is the most beautiful of all, to me.