Jan 4, 2014

11 more Haikus to see you through...

1. the gentle rain rolled
down subtle cheeks in disguise--
quieting her sobs

2. picking up the phone
I listen to the dial tone
hello's are so hard

3. when the sun rose
he was absolutely gorgeous --
he wasn't awake

4. drops of dew reflect
grey skies on the bronzed roof roost--
the birds sing freely

5. beneath naked trees
the rain puddles into mud
masking dreams of spring

6. taking a deep breath
filling up on the 'what ifs'
she coughs violently

7. Blind Assumptions

nobody questions
my gender or my race -- HA!
I'm none of those things

8. battery charge drops
dead phone calls like a lost love
the silence screams sobs

9. December comes home
like a summer storm in May--
thinking about her...

10. there isn't a glue
that can fix a camel's back--
straw hats are flimsy

11. chills run up my spine
I can't stop thinking of you--
a horn on my knee